Mandarin Dual Language Immersion
Mission: New Lexington School is committed to providing opportunities for children to become bilingual, bicultural and bi-literate in Mandarin. We pride ourselves on guiding our students through their bilingual journey using innovative educational techniques that compliment our student's educational needs.
Our Mandarin Dual Language Program begins in either Transitional Kindergarten (TK) or Kindergarten, giving students the opportunity to grow and develop with their peers.
- 50/50 Immersion model where 50% of instruction is in English and 50% is in Mandarin
- Follows One Face, One Voice approach meaning our Mandarin teachers speak 100% Mandarin in front of students so they can perfect their bilingual communication skills
- Language is taught through academic content designed to capture and keep student interest
- Research-based and focused on student achievement, bilingualism, biliteracy, and global competence
Educating the Whole Child
- Musical Theater and Visual Arts
- Family Engagement & Parent Workshops because we know learning does not start and end in the classroom.
- Districtwide Lego Robotics & Coding along with more in-depth STEAM-based activities (What is STEAM? Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Music)
- After school child care & enrichment programming which includes free tutoring, sports activities, and field trips
Interested families can contact the school directly at (626) 575-2320, message our Principal at [email protected] or sign up via this google form and someone from the school will contact you: https://forms.gle/4DXFJXvhb59iBgNA6
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our Mandarin Dual Language program, but don't live within our school boundaries, it's okay! We will gladly offer you an intra-district permit so your child can be part of the program. For questions involving District permits, please contact the District main office at (626) 453-3700.